Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics
€ 689.95 EUR
Sale(inc VAT @ 20%)
Educational discount available, please use contact us form.
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter comes complete with the extensive Applied Ballistics Elite software solution along with the Litz custom drag models for over 400 bullets. This combined with Kestrel's highly accurate wind speed, direction and air density measurements delivers unsurpassed elevation and windage solutions for long range shot accuracy.
The free to market Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App allows you to build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel 5700 Elite so you are fully prepared prior to shooting. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere.
Combine the Kestrel 5700 Elite with the Kestrel Vane Mount and Kestrel Mini Tripod and you have a stand-alone ballistics monitoring solution you can position at the firing range. Use the App to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing. A professional meteorological and ballistics solution while you shoot.
There are two versions of Kestrel 5700 Elite:
- With the standard Kestrel 5700 Elite data can be transferred using the K5000 USB Data Transfer Cable (sold separately) to a Windows/Mac device. The free of charge Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App will allow you to view and hold all data
- The Kestrel 5500FW LiNK version has Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App. You can also transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle (sold separately). Data can be viewed live on the App up to 100 feet away (line of sight).
- LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser rangefinders, such as the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX, to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
Mil-SPEC-810G drop tested with an IP67 waterproof rating the Kestrel 5700 Elite is designed and constructed to withstand the harsh treatment it will receive at the firing range or within military applications. The unit comes with a five-year warranty and certificate of conformity as standard.
What are custom drag profiles and how do they compare to G1 & G7?
Applied Ballistics has been providing custom drag models for use in trajectory prediction for many years. Custom Drag Models (CDM's) for bullets are a more refined way of modelling drag for bullets, it uses the actual measured drag of a specific bullet in a ballistics solver resulting in more accurate trajectory predictions especially when transonic.
Applied Ballistics ongoing research and testing has re-defined the art of modelling the aerodynamic drag of bullets, reducing uncertainty and continually improving accuracy. Custom Drag Models (CDM's) for over 500 bullets are available from the Applied Ballistics library.
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Current Wind Speed / Maximum Wind Gust / Average Wind Speed (mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort)
- Wind Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Crosswind, Headwind, Tailwind
- Temperature (Air,Water,Snow) / Wind Chill (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
- Barometric Pressure (inHg and hPa (mb))
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Density altitude
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings
- High Contrast, sunlight readable monochrome LCD display with backlight - switchable White/Red
- Digital Compass
- Ballistics Calculator - Applied Ballistics®
- FREE Kestrel LiNK Apps for Windows & Mac (LiNK models only)
- FREE Kestrel LiNK Software for iOS and Android (LiNK models only)
- LiNK Wireless Communication to Mobile Devices (Bluetooth low energy), (LiNK models only)
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging - Adjustable Interval
- Battery Life Indicator
- Time & Date
- Min, Max & Average value readings
- Automatically store measurements, when powered on or off
- Advanced Ballistics Data table
- Aerodynamic Jump Correction
- Applied Ballistics Custom Drag Models
- Average and Peak Wind Correction
- Connect with LiNK Compatible Range Finders (LiNK models only)
- Coriolis Correction
- Create and store 5 Targets
- Create and store up to 30 Gun/Bullet Profiles
- G1/G7 Drag Models
- High Angle Shot Correction
- Integrated Applied Ballistics Calculator
- Moving Target Lead Correction
- Muzzle Velocity Calibration
- MV-Temp Table
- Range Card
- Spin Drift Correction
- Supports Mil, MOA, Clicks
- Subsonic Range Drop Scale Factor Calibration
- Standard and Night Vision Preserving Backlight
- Target Range Estimator
- Zero Offset
- Standard user-replaceable AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards (10 drops from 4’)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes), Floats
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)