The Kestrel 5000 Environmental Meter is a remarkably compact yet powerful measuring and data logging tool. Use it for research, safety, expeditions, agriculture and any other profession or activity where accurate on-the-spot conditions monitoring is key.
Current weather conditions can be viewed over the large high-resolution screen that is clear and easy to read with built-in dual colour backlight. The screen is constructed from high-strength polycarbonate.
The Kestrel 5000 also calculates and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data.
There are two versions of Kestrel 5000:
- With the standard Kestrel 5000 data can be transferred using the K5000 USB Data Transfer Cable (sold separately) to a Windows/Mac device. The free of charge Kestrel LiNK App will allow you to view and hold all data as well as download into .csv format.
- The Kestrel 5000 LiNK version has Bluetooth connectivity allowing you to transfer data wirelessly to an iOS (iPhone, iPad) device or Android smartphone or tablet when within range using the appropriate Kestrel LiNK App. You can also transfer data wirelessly to a Windows or Mac computer using the optional Kestrel Bluetooth USB Dongle (sold separately). Data can be viewed live on the App up to 100 feet away (line of sight).
When combined with the Kestrel Vane Mount and Kestrel Tripod the Kestrel 5000 becomes a stand-alone monitoring station as the large wind vane and precision pivot keep the Kestrel oriented into the wind for continuous measurement and logging of wind speed and all other key environmental parameters.
Mil-SPEC-810G drop tested with an IP67 waterproof rating the Kestrel 5000 is designed and constructed to withstand the harsh working environment it will encounter. The unit comes with a five-year warranty and certificate of conformity as standard.
- Dew Point
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Current Wind Speed / Maximum Wind Gust / Average Wind Speed (mph, km/h, ft/min, m/s, knots and Beaufort)
- Temperature (Air,Water,Snow) / Wind Chill (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
- Barometric Pressure (inHg and hPa (mb))
- Pressure Trend
- Altitude (Feet and Meters)
- Density altitude
- Wet Bulb Temperature
- Exterior temperature, humidity & pressure sensors for fast & accurate readings