Returns & Refunds
Order Shipped to UK
Your return needs to reach us within 21 days of our despatch date
Order Shipped Outside the UK
Your return needs to reach us within 34 days of our despatch date
Returns received outside these periods may not be accepted, or may only be accepted back for an exchange of good to the same or greater value, so please also allow enough time for your goods to get back to us - in the UK, 4 working days via Royal Mail is usually sufficient, or from outside the UK 10 working days via standard mail.
We'll always make allowances for disruption to postal services and airlines which might affect your return getting back to us, but if you think your return may be late for any other reason, please contact us as soon as possible.
Your right to cancel under the UK's Distance Selling regulations is unaffected.
Returning goods on which duties have been paid
Please clearly mark your return parcel as 'Returned Goods'. If this isn't done and Richard Paul Russell Ltd incur any incoming customs charges as a result, then unfortunately these charges will need to be passed on to you. If you've paid import duty for items bought which you then return to us, it should be possible for you to claim a refund of duties from your local customs authority. To do this, you'll need to show them proof of duty paid and proof of re-export (e.g. your certificate of return posting) when claiming your refund.
For any questions about duty payable or refundable, please contact your local customs authority directly.
Items that can't be returned:
Most items can be returned, with the following exceptions:
- SpaceLoggers can't be returned once used
- RH Calibration Kit can't be returned once opened
- Certain products are excluded from our returns policy. If this applies it'll be clearly stated on the product page before you purchase
Your statutory rights are unaffected.
Services that can't be refunded:
- Calibration Certificates. Any calibration certificates ordered will not be refunded.
If goods are returned:
- Shipping charges won't be refunded unless the goods were faulty. However, if you've asked for replacement items you won't be charged again for shipping. Unless you request otherwise, replacement items will always be sent via standard mail, whichever shipping method was on your original order. Replacements can be sent via express delivery if you ask for this on your return form, and the difference in cost between the two services will be charged to your card.
UK Distance Selling Regulations - How to Cancel
- Under the UK's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any item apart from items made to your specification, clearly bespoke items, or items which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This right may be exercised at any point from the time of ordering up to and including the 7th working day after delivery.
- To cancel this contract, you need to let us know (you can email us). Please state the order number and give your clear instructions to cancel the order.
- If we've already shipped your order, you'll need to package all the items and send them back to us at your cost. Click here for the relevant returns address. If you don't return the items, we may arrange to collect them from you at your cost.
- We will refund you for the items and any original delivery charge upon receipt of the returned order, and in any case within 30 days after we receive your notification to cancel.
- If anything you order from us fails prematurely due to either defective workmanship or materials, we will provide you with an appropriate remedy, which may be replacement, or full or partial refund.
- If you feel that an item you've received is faulty, please call us for assistance.